Bond University offers English language training which has been designed to improve students’ academic English and study skills so that they can excel by undertaking higher education courses at institutions around the world.
What you will study on this course
Our EAP course is a full-time programme which comprises three key levels, each requiring one semester of work. Students are placed at the appropriate level for their ability during the application process.
The three levels of the EAP are structured as follows:
- Level 1 - Develops language and study skills through planning and writing essays, improving reading speed, learning how to take and organise notes, planning and delivering short speeches and presentations.
- Level 2 - Develops writing skills, research skills for essay writing, text analysis skills and note-taking strategies.
- Level 3 - Concentrates on developing skills in writing reports and essays, note-taking from written and spoken texts, understanding university lectures, research and study skills, and arguments and debates.
All students, regardless of their level of ability, are assessed in the four macro skill sets of reading, writing, listening and speaking throughout the course through:
- Ongoing assignments, which are set throughout the semester
- One mid-semester exam (week 7)
- One final exam (week 14)